ST1000LM024 - HN-M101MBB - BSY

slingshot

Thanks for that :cool:

All the 512 Kb roms I have for the 'M8E 2.5' stop at 0x7FFF0 and are filled with YYYY from line 0x3FEA0 right to the end :roll:

Guess I'm gonna have to look at each line until something shows up :lol:

slingshot

I cannot for the life of me find a serial number in this, maybe im overlooking something but I have compared other similar roms and found nothing. I have opened a rosewood rom and found the serial number by pasting it into the search, yet with this samsung I find nothing.

I have uploaded it and the serial number is S32HJ9BG107182, is it just me being stooopid or is it not there ?

View attachment rom.bin

datahaze

I don't see it in the bin you uploaded, perhaps it's encoded in some other way (or not stored in ROM at all on this particular model). I would start by getting ROMS from the same model and FW and comparing them to see where they differ.

Or simpler maybe just call whoever worked on this before and ask them if they swapped rom

slingshot

Ok cool, so not me overlooking something.

unfortunately there are over 250,000 differences :lol: between similar roms.

I think whoever had it before me (or the owner) swapped the pcb thinking that will get it going.

Time to call customer and get more info as this is a nightmare.

lcoughey

With a Samsung, you should be able to get a PCB from an identical drive (same firmware) and swap without needing to transfer the ROM.

slingshot

lcoughey":2gbfei30 said:
With a Samsung, you should be able to get a PCB from an identical drive (same firmware) and swap without needing to transfer the ROM.

Thanks Luke, I didn't know that. So its just the overlay modules that are important from patient pcb ?

slingshot

So, after getting some help identifying the PCB, it turns out that the PCB is not the native PCB.

Taking that into account, is this drive even recoverable or am I wasting my time ?

lcoughey

Got a picture of the top of the drive? As I said, get the exact same drive model with matching firmware and simply move the donor PCB to the patient, power on and recover the data.

slingshot

lcoughey":2r1jj6uj said:
Got a picture of the top of the drive? As I said, get the exact same drive model with matching firmware and simply move the donor PCB to the patient, power on and recover the data.

IMG_3331.jpg

Cool, so same model number (is the SC3 code important, I can't find models with that), firmware number (is Rev important too?) and DOM as close to 01/2015.

Do I need to hot swap the PCB over or just literally take it off donor, attach to patient and off you go ?