Data Recovery from XQD Cards 64 GB

betty

Dear All,

I got one XQD card with formatted, was having video files (*.MXF). But after a lot of efforts, nothing can get from it. I open it sector view in hex, it was seems like encrypted. I use some software to recover and also i got files which can play in VLC. But all are corrupted files, mixed files(no continuation) .
Any one can have any Idea or experience related to this Sony XQD card, please share your idea here.

Betty
Crystal

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I would guess that the camera which took the video is one of the models that fragments the files along with metadata it creates simultaneously. Most data recovery software can't help because they expect complete files, not fragments. There is one program which specifically addresses this issue. It's CnWRecovery. The demo doesn't exactly work right, but once you buy an inexpensive license for the software it works beautifully in most cases.

Here's the website: http://www.cnwrecovery.com/
And a review I wrote about it: https://www.data-medics.com/data-recove ... ry-review/

You may wish to contact them regarding whether .mxf is a supported format. I think internally it's similar to .mp4 just with different metadata structure. So even if it doesn't fully support the format it'll likely still find the video and audio streams. You just might be left with an MP4 file instead.

betty

Thank u to all....

I used the s/w "jihosoft "and i got the files but which are corrupted.

Can it possible in Pc3000K ? I tried to add new reference and did the recovery. but files are getting, also size also showing but its not able play... ie corrupted...

If u get any updates let me know...

thanks...
betty
Crystal

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect it wasn't able to recover due to the fact that the files are fragmented. I've seen a few cases now where CNWRecovery is the only one that can do it. I actually analyzes the video stream format and removes the foreign metadata that fragments the files. Seriously, I'd give it a shot. A 30 day license is only $20 and if it doesn't work they'll probably refund you.

I just emailed the creator of the program to verify if it will handle that file type.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I just confirmed with Michael that these files are in fact fragmented by the camera like the GoPro, and that CnWRecovery will work with it. Here's the message he sent back to me:

Dear Jared,

Back in my office now!

I worked MXF videos last year. You are correct that they are fragmented, not as bad as GoPro, but the data is saved in several sections, out of sequence.

CnW has a wizard function to process this type of video.

If there are issues, I am always happy to 'look at' the original memory chip (normally an FTPed image) and help recover the data. There is no charge for this for any customer who has purchased the software.

I hope this helps - I will let you add this to your forum.

Regards

Michael Cotgrove
CnW Recovery

So I'd strongly recommend you buy his software and give it a run.

HaQue

If this is the Michael Cotgrove I am thinking of, I don't think you will find better software for video recovery. Video is notorious for being hard to recover in most software, but Michael has been doing some amazing work for years. If it is, he's been in software longer than video has even been around!

If you need to get data back from XQD card, [glow=red]don't try jihosoft[/glow] file recovery app. There is a [glow=red]100% guarantee you'll be wasting your money[/glow]. Good luck.

Edited By Moderator

Note to Spammer: Thanks for trying to SPAM your garbage swill software on here. No one wants to throw away their money on your useless software. While we allow self promotion of data recovery software here, you need to clearly identify yourself as a representative of the company. Whenever you don't do that, we adjust your comment to more "accurately" describe your product. As you can see for the way I modified your above post. Enjoy! :lol:

Mubasshir

I recommend you [glow=red]NEVER[/glow] use Disk Drill from hxxp://www.cleverfiles.com/
It [glow=red]Destroyed[/glow] all 8 GB videos from my formatted XQD Card

Edited by Moderator.

Note to SPAMMER: Thanks for trying to SPAM this forum. While self-promotion of data recovery software is fully allowed here, you didn't identify yourself as representing the company. So I've adjusted the message you posted to one I feel is more appropriate. Enjoy! :D