HDDSuperClone

maximus

LarrySabo":k055xw26 said:
At that price, some people might consider the StarTech cloning tool instead, even though it offers almost no user control. Read Luke's review of several different imagers here: https://www.recoveryforce.com/forums/vi ... lenge#p624
The nice thing about a price is that it can be easily changed. Maybe I should rethink my target audience and price it around the same price as the likes of RStudio, around $80. Buy a single user license for the Linux version of RStudio, and buy the pro version of HDDSuperClone, and you have a very good and affordable cloning and data recovery system. That could appeal to some end users, and would also appeal to some small computer shops that may "dabble" in data recovery. Of course the shops should be buying the tech license of RStudio, but how many of them would do that for the limited amount they would use it. The pros might eventually notice a decline in the easy cases, because the end user or computer shop either was successful, or they killed the drive trying and made it a harder case.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
maximus":36thu1n9 said:
If relay hardware is very much desired, then the price would have to go up, as that would require much time and effort on my part to produce it. Plus time producing the relay hardware would take away from time working on program improvements. I know it is one of the things desired, but I will only be able to justify spending time on it if the program itself can sell enough to be worth it.

I think relay hardware is going to be a requirement if you plan to go into the $300+ price range. But, it could be something as simple as having it scripted to use an arduino board doing the switching. It could be sold as a separate addon kit along with with the necessary cabling.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

nissimezra

Jared":2u7jd7ty said:
maximus":2u7jd7ty said:
If relay hardware is very much desired, then the price would have to go up, as that would require much time and effort on my part to produce it. Plus time producing the relay hardware would take away from time working on program improvements. I know it is one of the things desired, but I will only be able to justify spending time on it if the program itself can sell enough to be worth it.

I think relay hardware is going to be a requirement if you plan to go into the $300+ price range. But, it could be something as simple as having it scripted to use an arduino board doing the switching. It could be sold as a separate addon kit along with with the necessary cabling.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I love you man

I had 2 drives that I already recovered, WD20NMVW with slow respond took me 40 days to copy 120 gig now both are ruining like new I managed to copy in a speed of 60 mb. That's a great tool it worth paying for

I used the iso from usb worked like charm

Many thanks for this great tool and if you need anything feel free to contact me

nissimezra

maximus":3vowtx71 said:
LarrySabo":3vowtx71 said:
At that price, some people might consider the StarTech cloning tool instead, even though it offers almost no user control. Read Luke's review of several different imagers here: https://www.recoveryforce.com/forums/vi ... lenge#p624
The nice thing about a price is that it can be easily changed. Maybe I should rethink my target audience and price it around the same price as the likes of RStudio, around $80. Buy a single user license for the Linux version of RStudio, and buy the pro version of HDDSuperClone, and you have a very good and affordable cloning and data recovery system. That could appeal to some end users, and would also appeal to some small computer shops that may "dabble" in data recovery. Of course the shops should be buying the tech license of RStudio, but how many of them would do that for the limited amount they would use it. The pros might eventually notice a decline in the easy cases, because the end user or computer shop either was successful, or they killed the drive trying and made it a harder case.

Maximus,

Price range of 150 to 200 for software only should be fine but for people to pay 200$ you should consider adding seagate repair tool and some more stuff. something like in between wdmarvel with some other repair tools for other drive. once you'll do that many will buy it. you can sell hardware as add on

Good luck

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
On that note, perhaps even just incorporating the features of HDDSuperTool into the HDDSuperClone GUI as a part of the pro version would be nice.

nissimezra

Jared":3uaj1of2 said:
On that note, perhaps even just incorporating the features of HDDSuperTool into the HDDSuperClone GUI as a part of the pro version would be nice.
Its not that bad, easy to use. Most of people doing data recovery have some knowledge in linux it will not make a different.
But yes it will nice to but won't make people pay

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
nissimezra":e5i618l5 said:
[post]10037[/post] But yes it will nice to but won't make people pay

We're only talking a couple hundred $$$. That's not a lot of money to someone already doing data recovery. You'd be surprised the money we spend on programs and things we don't necessarily need, but that makes our job easier or faster.

nissimezra

Jared":15sd2aan said:
nissimezra":15sd2aan said:
[post]10037[/post] But yes it will nice to but won't make people pay

We're only talking a couple hundred $$$. That's not a lot of money to someone already doing data recovery. You'd be surprised the money we spend on programs and things we don't necessarily need, but that makes our job easier or faster.
Hi Jared, I'm aware of the costs of DR, prices are high but not that high, Every series business must invest money, simple restaurant or grocery shop needs at least 100 grand to start working, DR on the other hand need about 20 grand to start a nice DR (not that expensive considering it's a one time investment) but needs knowledge and a lot of it.
I'm electronic tech found DR very interesting and attractive, for now I'm doing all IT, electronic and DR, for my age DR is much better, no service calls no running from one place to another.

As for the price 200 is great low cost tool, it is already worth buying it!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
nissimezra":2akn3t1p said:
[post]10155[/post] DR on the other hand need about 20 grand to start a nice DR

You could start a DR business for $20K if you're OK with only being able to handle 30-40% of cases. I'd suspect I've invested around $200K in just equipment. It's not necessarily the big items that are expensive, it's the thousands of little items that really add up.