F.L.A.M.E. - A new tool for data recovery

w.simon

Hello

I think too that SD was good before lot of people working and won money with it, but now they are far far away and very outdated.
Wait to see the screeenshot and luca, this can be usefull for you : pivo prosim :)

irs

hi
you guessed right where i am! :)
is there anyone else from this forum here in Prague for Ace's conference?
if so let me know we can meet and have a beer :D

EDR Tools

Hello everybody!
Let's start from the beginning.
According to the relationship between EDR and IRS I think that Luca perfectly clarified the situation before we (EDR) managed do it first.
Anyway we're on hand for any information you may need or for anything you'd like to ask about us and about our tools.

pclab

Hi

I think it would be very helpfull to see some videos of the tool, how it works, etc etc
As you know, your tools is not very known yet, and you have to make credibility.
Even getting some labs to test and review the tool, so the word start spreading.

EDR Tools

Concernign updates, here you can find the change log uploaded on our server for our customers to be downloaded (sorry, it will be a little bit long as a post):

NEW FLAME REL - 2014/12/18 12:21

Fixes, maintenance

- Cloner Suite: fixed all heads not being selected by default after headmap has been created
- Cloner Suite: now if headmap is being used, at least one head must be selected
- Slightly enhanced installation, update and activation processes

Fixes, maintenance

- minor bug fixes
Fixes, maintenance

- HSGT Suite: fixed an issue which caused commands to be sent too early at some steps while disabling passwords on protected disks
- Cloner Suite: now FLAME does not try to mount a device if it is not present and ready
NEW FLAME BETA - 2014/12/10 15:15

A new release of FLAME is available to all beta testers.
CHANGELOG:

Enhancements, fixes
2.2.0.2 Beta

- added ID Windows number to settings menu excluded disks table
- added ID Windows number to destination selection disks table
- fixed: now the Vendor device descriptor is taken into account when retrieving device information
- fixed: USB devices serial number detected through Windows is now correctly detected

Fixes

- fixed: program crash when fast double-clicking the "back" button (the big one, with the image)

Cloner Suite
- added: unreadable pattern not being correctly returned on headmap heads bounds
- fixed: headmap not loading correctly from task file

Enhancements, fixes

- Cloner Suite: fixed an issue which prevented to correctly retain loaded informations from a task file when the task is unloaded after having loaded it.
- Cloner Suite: added option to separately set the timeout for a device when it is mounted
- Cloner Suite: added option to set unreadable sectors pattern for a mounted device
- Cloner Suite: if it is in use, now when a device is mounted uses the headmap settings
- Cloner Suite: now source settings dialog is positioned at the top left corner of the main window when showed
- cloner_maps: slightly improved headmap search speed in forward mode
- cloner_maps: slightly improved search speed in backward mode
- about dialog now is more correctly centered in the parent window when showed

Enhancements, fixes
2.2.0.0 Beta

- added: licenser and drivers version check at program startup. If they are different from the ones expected, a messagebox warns the user to use a full setup instead of an update
- fixed: back button image being too small to scale corretly with zoomed GUI. Replaced with a bigger one.
- fixed: fonts not scaling correctly in settings screen

Cloner Suite
- fixed: manually setting a disk LBA size is not reflected when the disk is mounted

Fixes
2.2.0.0 Alpha

- minor bugs fixed

Enhancements, fixes
2.2.0.0 Alpha

- added "Mount" feature inside Cloner Suite to make a device visible to Windows user programs
- improved query time for devices attached through Windows
- changed windows titles when not inside firmware suites to clarify the channel being used
- fixed: Cloner Suite crashing if souce disk does not respond correctly to detect

EDR Tools

Hi.
You're right. Our new website is under construction, but if you want to start getting to know something about us you can still visit our old web site www.edrtools.eu, though it isn't updated.
We already have a few beta testers around Europe, beyond IRS, and we're waiting for their review. As soon as we'll got them we'll be glad to share!

pclab":1wnkgw6k said:
Hi

I think it would be very helpfull to see some videos of the tool, how it works, etc etc
As you know, your tools is not very known yet, and you have to make credibility.
Even getting some labs to test and review the tool, so the word start spreading.

lcoughey

My offer to do a review of the tool is still open. You just need to send me the tool and let me play with it for at least a month (need to get used to it before I can realistically compare with PC3K. If you are concerned about trusting me with your tool...I think my credibility online speaks for itself.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, allowing someone well known (perhaps even a scheptic like Luke) to try out your tool for 1-2 months and review it will definitely go a long way toward building credibility.

You'll notice that's the approach ReclaiMe Pro software took. They gave a few of us a 60 day license key so we could review it. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=101

I really think with a tool as expensive as yours you'll have to do this to build confidence first. Even Ace Labs has beta testers still for its new tools.

EDR Tools

Thank you very much Luke for renewing your offer. We'll soon get in touch with you in private to discuss how we can have you trying our tool.
It's a pleasure for us having professional data recovery companies and technicians willing to test our products and we're open to any suggestion or request our beta testers, customers or anyone who's trying our tool may have to improve them.
lcoughey":3s9pgyt8 said:
My offer to do a review of the tool is still open. You just need to send me the tool and let me play with it for at least a month (need to get used to it before I can realistically compare with PC3K. If you are concerned about trusting me with your tool...I think my credibility online speaks for itself.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
If you're looking to have any others beta test it, I'd certainly be willing and I'll do a detailed write up on this forum.