TICKET SYSTEM

LoboX

Hello all

I am interested to know, to all of you that have a DR company what type of ticket system you guys use to track your cases, i am using excel right now so want to see what i can use.

Thanks.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I still use Excel to do my job tracking too. With Onedrive it's nice because it can be accessed by multiple people at the same time and from anywhere. I've played around with different ticketing systems, but never found one that fully suited my needs. I had an Access DB I'd made at one point, but it didn't seem to really help streamline anything and only seemed to make it harder to review all the open cases and prioritize what needed to be done most urgently. So, I'm back at Excel now.

I've been playing around with OSTicket lately, as a way to allow clients to create their own tickets on our site. But, I'm already seeing some limitations I don't like. Seems that there is nothing really well suited to our type of business.

LoboX

Thanks Jared for the information provided, lets hope other users post what they use here, since everybody runs a DR company basically everyone needs the same thing in theory but... everybody manage their business differently handling process and ticket system.

Lets see what other users use.

LarrySabo

I wish I had enough DR business to make a system necessary. :) There are many systems for computer repair shops, so perhaps browse technibble.com (a forum for computer repair businesses) and see what systems they discuss.

LoboX

Thanks pclab, i saw the software looks pretty good too bad is in Portuguese :mrgreen:

If you remember the other soft please let us know thanks.

hipo

I use https://www.hesk.com
It is free, good forum support, costumable. It's not designed for Data Recovery but can do the job.
For invoices still use Excel.

On Drupal there is few projects available.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm actually anxiously awaiting the release from LoboX of his software. I know he's been gathering input from other data recovery guys for a while as he works on his system. Having a system designed specifically with our businesses in mind would be really nice.

Every other system I've tried feels like an OJ Simpson glove.