Windows 10 Data Recovery Surge

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
No, I'm not gonna be the guinea pig to try that out. And, since I have the old UDMA board which only runs in 32bit I'm pretty sure I have to sick with Win 7.

So far the Windows 10 upgrade seems pretty non obtrusive. All my apps appear to be working so far, even the ones I was sure would crash like input director.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's been confirmed.... Windows 10 is definitely a Microsoft program. I just enjoyed my first blue screen of death within three hours of installing it. HAHA! I did notice this nice little feature:
View attachment Go Back to Win 7.jpg
So I guess they give you a one month rollback option if it totally explodes on you.

jol

you saved me some time
i thought to spend some time and install WIN 10 to c how PC3K works, but now
Jared":rw6nxy9o said:
I just enjoyed my first blue screen of death within three hours
it's not gonna happen

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Update, no there was a second one later in the day. What's funny was that both happened during really random non hardware related things. First when playing a video file, second when browsing their app store.

I expect B.S.O.D.s when plugging in and unplugging hardware. But that wasn't the case.

HaQue

I suspect video card / driver related issue. playing a video -and, browsing now has quite a bit of relatively new video requirements. I know there are settings in IE related to using the GPU or software for rendering some video. so makes sense when browsing actually. It will only get better and I am going to try out win 10 on a Guinea pig PC tonight or tomorrow. what sucks is I am almost finished setting up images and Group Policy for a set of over 30 win 8.1 workstations.. would probably be fine with win 10, but I am not wasting all that time and starting over :)

jol

HaQue":2r56h9jp said:
I am going to try out win 10 on a Guinea pig PC tonight or tomorrow
you gonna try PC3K on it ? and.... let us know the result ?
because of the blue screen we already know :lol: