Windows 10 Data Recovery Surge

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
HaQue":1s1u7jbo said:
I suspect video card / driver related issue. playing a video -and, browsing now has quite a bit of relatively new video requirements. I know there are settings in IE related to using the GPU or software for rendering some video.

I've heard about the nvidia driver issues that are going around. But this is a dead stock Dell Optiplex with no external video card, just the onboard Intel video. If they can't make that work right, gonna be a lot of problems.

Don't get me wrong, I already like it more than Windows 8 just based on the start menu. And I know Win 8 had less issues with hot swapping drives so I expect it will ultimately be a better OS. Just a rocky start. Today I came in to a "Windows has recovered from an error message" then it rebooted and failed to boot until the third attempt.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Just had my first phone call related to Windows 10. Guy says his My Book isn't being recognized after the update. Things might be shaping up to get really busy soon.

jol

Jared":2ugq28dw said:
If they can't make that work right, gonna be a lot of problems.
and if they do gonna fix it ? we both know the answer :lol:
Today I came in to a "Windows has recovered from an error message" then it rebooted and failed to boot until the third attempt.
Just had my first phone call related to Windows 10. Guy says his My Book isn't being recognized after the update. Things might be shaping up to get really busy soon.
ho ye, let the party begin :lol: