Why is no one using Yahoo

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a good reason. I just want to update the out of date address they have listed for my business. To do that you have to "verify your business". However when I try to do that it takes me to some pay updating service (which is annoying). So I decide to just cave and pay to update it. However to do that I must log in with my account which I used to originally post the listing. When I try to log in with that account, it says I've been inactive for a long time (duh, no one uses Yahoo) and my account has been de-activated. It offers no option to re-activate, and recommends I create a new account. So I do that, but when I try to claim the business listing, it says it's already claimed.

So basically Yahoo just wants to stick with out of data information. And they wonder why Google is wiping the floor with them.

Just shut Yahoo down, and quit fooling yourself. You guys are completely incompetent.

lcoughey

It doesn't help that it grabs the listing information from Yellow Pages (at least here in Canada). Yellow Pages had my address incorrect for several years and it has only been a few months since they fixed it. But, according to Yahoo, we don't exist in Guelph.

Yahoo and Yellow Pages need to be retired.