WDC WD5000LMVW-11VEDS3

pclab

Hi

I was imaging this drive and it gave me an error. After power Off/ON I get this error:

Techno mode key
Techno mode key......................... : Ok

RAM:
HDD Info reading........................ : Ok
Heads number............................ : 2
Cyl Count............................... : 256

Zone allocation table................... : Ok
SA SPT.................................. : 1480

ROM:
Read ROM................................ : Ok
ROM Data size........................... : 256 Kb
Read ROM................................ : Module ID 0B reading error; unexpected error: Data request error; unexpected error: SAT command error: Device Error Detected: "CA FLUSH ALL GOT CANCELED"

Service area:
Permanent overlay....................... : Not loaded
SA dir reading (ID)..................... : Ok
SA Access............................... : NONE

Configuration reading................... : Module 02 not found
Module ID 109 reading error; unexpected error: Data request error; unexpected error: SAT command error: Device Error Detected: "CA FLUSH ALL GOT CANCELED"

What is this?
Thanks

pclab

I think it must be something with the PCB, but I don't have a compatible SATA here to swap...

pclab

Hi

Just to confirm: swapped the PCB to a SATA PCB and worked immediately. So PCB failure.

Blizzard

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how this one would turn out. I really appreciate that you guys share this information.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, thanks for the update.

I for one feel that the more we all share, the better off we'll all be. I can only imagine how many cases are floating around out there "unsolved" because the few people who know how to handle a particular situation are unwilling to share. Those could all be successful, paid recoveries.

I suspect that all this information sharing we've been doing as of late is actually why the smaller labs are often starting to see better success rates than the large companies who never share anything. They don't help us, we don't help them. :D