WD Senior Executive Jumps over to Seagate

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I just noticed this article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/18 ... o_seagate/

Hard to believe that any senior manager at WD would be jumping over to Seagate of all companies. Especially given the issues they are having and the great stock growth that WD is having. Maybe he knows something we don't that's about to happen...

Or did they just offer him a bigger salary to try and help turn things around?

jol

or... maybe he was spying to prevent WD drives from being crap like ST :lol: :lol: :lol:

hddguy

WD drives are already more complex since families like Diablo and Shrek. Even restoring data without original ROM is near impossible on models such as Shrek due to extra Servo tables in ROM. I am starting to prefer Seagate over WD already :shock:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
hddguy":1wpyna8d said:
WD drives are already more complex since families like Diablo and Shrek. Even restoring data without original ROM is near impossible on models such as Shrek due to extra Servo tables in ROM. I am starting to prefer Seagate over WD already :shock:

:shock: Can't say I'm agreeing with all the DM nightmares we're seeing. Maybe I'm just too much of a noob with Seagate, I don't know.

Tell me then, are you able to regenerate a lost ROM on any Seagate F3? I personally have only had a few cases where the original ROM really was lost. A pain to read occasionally, but usually if it's lost it's because the customer did something stupid.