WD external HDD which was on NTFS with data formatted to exFAT

mahisanka

My WD external HDD which was on NTFS with data formatted to exFAT and lost all the data.
I have done deep scans using software like Recuva, EaseUS, Disk Drill.
One shows a bunch of 2GB files ( like tmp0457) total size is 480GB
Another one shows those files inside the system volume information folder
I have attached a screenshot for reference
any idea how to recover these data?
If I do a quick format to this HDD as NTFS again, will I be able to recover my data?

Thanks in advance. There are lot of valuable data there including photos of my kid's newborn age

Attachments

• 3d65cf91-5cf1-435d-a329-19315b074614.jpg
    3d65cf91-5cf1-435d-a329-19315b074614.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 2

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Try using actual good software like R-Studio, UFS Explorer, DMDE, etc. Not that garbage.

If I do a quick format to this HDD as NTFS again
No, formatting again will make the data less recoverable, not more recoverable. Anyone who says otherwise has no clue.

lslizzysmith

Do not format your drive again, as it will overwrite your data, and you won't be able to get your lost data back ever. I would also like to suggest you to try the best software for recovering your lost files. However, the tools you have already tried come under the top 10, but none of them is best for you because they didn't work in your case. From your bad data recovery experience, don't feel hopeless and give a shot to Stellar data recovery professional for Windows. It will work for you!

All the best!
My WD external HDD which was on NTFS with data formatted to exFAT and lost all the data.
One shows a bunch of 2GB files ( like tmp0457) total size is 480GB
Another one shows those files inside the system volume information folder
I have attached a screenshot for reference
any idea how to recover these data?
If I do a quick format to this HDD as NTFS again, will I be able to recover my data?

Thanks in advance. There are lot of valuable data there including photos of my kid's newborn age