User experience Atola Insight Forensic

Edwin

Does anyone have experience with the use of the Atola Insight Forensic.
Especially with hard drives that have a physical defect, such as a non-working read / write head where an image can eventually be made.
Possibly someone knows where I can find reviews.
Thank you for your response.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Atola's focus is on forensics, not data recovery. For the price of an Atola, you really should consider something like PC-3000 which offers 10x the functionality for handling failed hard drives.

Edwin

Thank you Jared for you quick reply!
The only thing is that PC3000 is much more difficult to work with. In other words. In my opinion, you will have to do a training to get the most out of this, don't you think?
On the basis of which information you come to this conclusion (perhaps a link to which this info endorses this) Point is that with the Atola you can turn off specific read / write headings and not too much of the knowledge you need to have to do this. need to be big. (this is then
how Atola looks at it and this can of course be a commercial talk) By the way, I really appreciate your realistic view on the possibly. opportunities!!
I await your response with great interest. Thanks so far!

pclab

I'm not sure of the price of Atola, but it seems that you are willing to do some more basic stuff, like imaging only, with control of heads and some FW tweaks.
Take a look at Deepspar DDI. Maybe a better choice (and cheaper?) than Atola.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So more money than PC-3000 with far less value. Seems right :lol:

That's why now they are focusing on calling it a "forensics" tool. They're hoping people in law enforcement won't know there are better tools available and be willing to pay government tax money on the tools.