upping my Online presence

HaQue

Hi, well I have succumbed to the evils of facebook after having to decide to do it or be nagged to death by the masses.

I took notice of Jared harping on about SEO etc, and thought that it looks worth while. I am nearly done with a new website I have coded myself (with help from a Twitter Bootstrap template and the awesome stuff available in HTML5, CSS3 and the add-ons like jQuery etc.). It isn't online yet, only a crappy WP half-assed attempt right now, so no links to that. I am still figuring out facebook, so don't expect too much. If anyone has a site I can visit, it may help to have a look what other people do, how to "act" and how to post properly, and I can also give your stuff a "like" if it is useful.

page is "Sewart Data Recovery & Research" not sure what url I am meant to use as a link yet - yes I am a noob!!

pclab

For what I have read, you should make so many big topics, and almost always a picture/photo to grab attention.
Do regular posts too.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've never found Facebook to do that much good for SEO. I think that we are in a business where people are unlikely to re-share what we post (which is where the real SEO benefit comes to play).

Just a thought, I see that you've never taken advantage of your signature in this forum or HDDGURU fourm. Might not hurt to put a link in there with one of your target keywords. You've got about 4000 unused link opportunities just sitting there.

HaQue

Thanks Jared for the tips.

Adelaide is pretty small, and I have reach into a few different communites and industries, so as a start I was hoping to tie it together a little. quite a few of my friends and family are facebook fanatics, and this was a fairly easy starting point.

As for the sig.. yes I am very aware of that and it grinds my gears how long a respectable website is taking to put up. I am doing it myself now, and have most of it done. It is a fairly simple bootstrap, so I am hoping a week from now maximum and I can add the Sig.
Thanks again!