Tranning

LarrySabo

He has no idea what the alternatives are and their cost. Neither does he have any idea what other tools and equipment are required and what they cost. Can't fault him for that; that's why he's here.

@mayanksharmaggc, I understand that you have some computer knowledge and possibly related experience and would like to add data recovery to your offered services. You can do so at various levels and speeds, starting off with logical (software) recoveries, progress to firmware recoveries, and finally add physical recoveries.

For logical recoveries, you can clone the faulty drive using free software (like HDDSuperClone) then use free recovery software against the clone with some (but limited) success. Google for possible freeware data recovery programs. For firmware recoveries, you can use HDDSuperTool, which is actually part of HDDSuperClone. There are other low-cost tools for firmware recovery but I'm not familiar with them. I suggest you spend time studying the tools and information about data recovery and those lower-cost firmware tools found on the HDD Oracle forum.

There are few hardware tools for firmware repair and data extraction and they can cost $5,000 to $10,000 USD. Lower cost versions may be available to your country. You should inquire at the manufacturers' sites of Dolphin Data lab, MRT Lab and Ace Laboratory for pricing of tools and and training.

Physical recoveries require a significant investment in other tools and equipment and these can cost another $5000-$15,000 USD. Things like laminar flow bench, head swap tools for heads that rest on ramps and parking areas, an inventory of donor drives, and .... The list seems endless and no matter how many tools you have, they keep introducing new drives that require another tool, or updates to your existing tools in order to recover the data. Update costs of all these programs and tools can be significant.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Find a different business. There's nothing cheap about this business. I've got tools that cost $2000/year just for the software updates.

Quqamber

Based on your question, the most logical would be to offer recuva and r-studio. Or I do not understand the essence of the question (