Toshiba USB to SATA Guide

Jared , Jol and PClab ,
Today i have also got the following ...

G3959A ----------> G3918A

Now i need to find out which SATA Drive They Sell Have this PCB -> G3918A .Jared Which Chinese Site You Refereed To Can i Have a Link Please .This Case I did I Have Inspected The Heads They Seem To Be Super Clean And The Top Platter Also Seems OK . This Drive Clicks Pretty Badly As All Toshibas Do .My Idea Was To Swap To SATA And Initialize The Board Itself And Then Make It standby And Then Try It Once Before Head Replacements . Its a 2TB USB I Have Here : MQ03UBB200

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":fb3dr142][post]7877[/post] Jared Which Chinese Site You Refereed To Can i Have a Link Please

I don't recall mentioning any Chinese site. :?

Jared":1ix5c66p said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1ix5c66p][post]7877[/post] Jared Which Chinese Site You Refereed To Can i Have a Link Please

I don't recall mentioning any Chinese site. :?

Hello,
I Was Referring To The post were you said other chinese site which i have no idea about .I have learned that The Series i am interested is Called MQ03ABB Series And They Have 2 HDD's One 3 TB Hopefully With 4 Platters And 2 TB With 3 Platters

PS : The MQ03UBB is Just USB Part Of MQ03ABB Series

Hello Everyone ,
Today again i Have Stumbled Upon The MQ03UBB Series 2TB Drive Called MQ03UBB200 .This HDD has a PCB No G3959A And i would further add that this hdd has one of the most flimsy pcb tracks even soldering a SATA header To The USB board and drags the track out damn .I have made up my mind to order the SATA Equiv MQ03ABB200 From a Seller On Ebay UK .The Pricing is Excellent Much Better The Donor Drives And Other Parties .Thi is The Listing - > http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOSHIBA-2TB-INT ... Sw~e5ZUtV6 Grab It If You Can ,Once It Reaches Me i Will Be Able To Solve This Unconfirmed Listing For Us All Too

Unconfimed:

PS : The Listing Says That The HDD Has Same SATA Board G3918A :mrgreen:

pc3000":3633gkzn said:
Last week I bought MQ03ABB200 from this seller.

Well,
Inspite of Me Paying And Ordering He Cancelled My Order .I Am Not Taking Help of My Friend Andy So That i Can Get One Unit .BTW This Listing is Ended Now

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
LarrySabo":3sn0p6l4 said:
Jared":3sn0p6l4 said:
[post]7801[/post] I just updated the list to include a lot of other compatible replacements as suggested on another Chinese site
Is thisthe site you refer to?

Yes, that's the one. I had misplaced it URL.

pc3000

Before I change heads
I check first if there is no problem with the board (with the SATA Donor board and rom from USB board)
I switched between the rom (IC2) from the G3959A to the G3918A
To check if the board works after replacement I tried to read the rom through com port, It did not work.
I put the Donor rom back on the Donor board it Does not work.
I connected the board to donor drive, motor spin but no access to SA.
To check if cooked the ROM I took ROM from the board and read it in Progermer
Read excellent, I compared in HEX no changes.
Anyone have a solution?