TOSHIBA MK5065GSX G-List Error

Hello,

I have this TOSHIBA MK5065GSX, with G-list ..[glow=red]G-List reading error.................... : G-List read error; Device Error Detected 51/19 (AMN;<bit3>;INF)[/glow]
I tried repairing it using this method Translator Regeneration from ACE, but didn't work.

Any idea what can be done next, Please ?

Thank you

pclab

Does it make noises/clicks?
To see media damage you have to open the drive and check heads/platters.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OK, just helped him out remotely. Turned out to be a simple clear G-List, then setup software translator to solve G-List corruption case. Imaging 99% of sectors now at around 20Mb/s. Read/write heads are a bit unstable, but with 5 retries it's cleaning up most sectors. With a bit more intensive read might get near 100%.

LarrySabo

pclab":292acfb4 said:
[post]4258[/post]To see media damage you have to open the drive and check heads/platters.
On newer drives where the servo marks are recorded inline with the data, I understand that the platters need not be in perfect original alignment after removal and re-installation, so you should be able to remove the platters to inspect them for damage. However, the one drive I did that on as an experiment would not calibrate afterwards. Nevertheless, a colleague has done it and was able to recover the data without drama. Anyone else done this?