Stiction Drives

lcoughey

For me, stiction cases without head change is $350CAD and $700 + parts if head are damaged. Western Digital tend to have more issues with broken ramps and missing sliders...before we try to fee up the heads. We seem to be getting an average of at least 1 Seagate/Samsung 2.5" drive in with stuck heads a week.

in stiction Cases , some times after head release the HDD work normally so if the client clime his patient HDD with the imaged copy and hooked up his patient and worked perfectly will feel like fool to spend around 200-300$ and his drive is just working (from his opinion) the DR lap just did a small tricky thing to make it work , or better to take healthy head from the patient and save a part for the future?? (from [shadow=orange]ethical[/shadow] way what could you do) ??

LarrySabo

I provide and charge for the recovered data and return the patient, with the admonition that the drive is no longer trustworthy. I will also suggest 1) they keep it as a back-up, in case the new drive bites the dust, and 2) that if they would like it recycled, I may be able to use it for parts.