ST2000DM001 - 9YN164 - 500 (ORG-FW-CC4B)

gencom

MODEL: ST2000DM001
PN: 9YN164-500
FW: CC4B
SN: W240VK8W

Hello, since I bought the Seagate 2TB HDD, it has had a clicking sound. I updated the firmware with an ISO, and it crashed. I am sure I did it correctly, but now it doesn't respond at all. There are no important files inside, but I want to refurbish the disk. I have a CH341A programmer that can both program the BIOS and has a TTL port. I have previously repaired an HDD with F3 commands. The HDD preamp seems to be erased; I opened a topic on this forum before, but it wasn't helpful. Since the HDD is not recognized, I cannot use the same disk. What method can I use to recover the data?

Last edited:

j.skinner

If it has a clicking noise it is more than likely the heads have failed. This is not something you can fix by sending commands.

gencom

Tıklama sesi varsa, büyük olasılıkla kafalar arızalanmıştır. Bu komut göndererek düzeltebileceğiniz bir şey değil.
No, it's not like that. I have two disks on the same drive, and I wanted to update the one that was making a clicking sound. I directly flashed the normally working disk with an ISO file, and it crashed. The command interface is not opening. It was working before without firmware update.

I think it's a preamp or incorrect firmware issue. How can I flash the correct image?

Status: TTL works, but I can't switch levels or prompt any commands. I cannot see it under PC BIOS.

I can only flash the HDD BIOS.

Last edited: