Sick of Overmoderated Forums

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else sick to death of extremely over-moderated tech forums? You try to spend hours actually helping random people with data recovery issues, dealing with idiots who are giving aweful advice like "put it in the freezer", then you end up getting banned because you post a link to an article which will actually help the person and answers their question. I'm convinced that outside this forum, hddguru, and reddit, all other forums are moderated by people who just want bad information being spread around. :evil:

lcoughey

Yup. Got to love the official representative of the drive manufacturer recommending running their diagnostic software on the dropped WD Passport. Even when the OP confirms that your diagnosis was the only one that was correct, the forum moderators slam you because you are challenging them on what they are saying.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I just got banned from another forum: www(dot)techsupportforum(dot)com due to giving the apparently incriminating advice of cloning with ddrescue and scanning with R-Studio. Didn't even post a link to my site and they banned me for "Advertising". Bunch of morons. I really am sick of these Nazi moderators, who are too stupid to know good advice from spam.

If anyone here uses that forum, I'd encourage you to call the out the moderators for being idiots and stop using their site.

jol

maybe the meaning of "Advertising" in their eyes is advertising ddrescue and r-studio, (not your forum at all) who knows

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but when a person is specifically asking about how to recover data they accidentally deleted, what advice are you supposed to give??? Tell them how to write their own data recovery software from scratch??? Idiotic if you ask me.

jol

Jared":3bd7bj7j said:
Tell them how to write their own data recovery software from scratch???
then you'll be punished if you gonna mention an example how to do it for advertising a programing language :lol:
Jared":3bd7bj7j said:
Idiotic if you ask me.
i have to agree