Seagate ST500DM002 Original board missing

Freddy

Hi to all, :wave:
I got a special case.
One of my computer dealers brought a not working drive from Seagate ST500DM002,SNo.:Z3T3A... , P/N: 1BD142-500, Firmware:KC45, Date: 7.8.2012(13055), Site Code:TK
He changed the electronic board and throwed the Original board away ...this he told me :oops:
Would there any chance to build a new ROM with maybe another drive from 07/2012 or 08/2012? Is it possible to read the adaptives from a sys file from the platter and edit it to a new ROM.
I am doing now data recovery for a long time but this is a case I never had. :???:
Any help would be appreciated!
I offer a reward for the right solution.
Many thanks in advance!
kind regards
Freddy

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
There's a couple guys who claim they can rebuild a lost F3 ROM, but I've never been able to actually verify this. They definitely won't share their technique with you and will only do it if you agree to send the case physically to them.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! :eek: Tickle me impressed. Someone finally broke the stone-cold silence on this just last month. I can't wait to try it out.

Freddy

I thank you both Jared and Larry :D
I will give it a try on sunday.
I let you know next week the result.

ChiragP

Hello,

Did anyone get success in rebuilding ROM in F3 using this procedure?
I was having the same case last week, but I didn't know about this at that time, so I returned that.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Why not take a test drive, use a non-native PCB and try it out.