Samsung HDD Data Recovery Experiences

I have learned so much thing in this forum. So wana share an experience that is no info about this error on google.
This terminal error related PCB Problem

Code:
ActiveFW : 00FWVer : 0001SATA PLL cal doneDDR size detected = DW SIPC status: 00000081SERVOUnpack Fail
ActiveFW : 00FWVer : 0001SATA PLL cal doneDDR size detected = DW SIPC status: 00000081SERVOUnpack Fail

Zombotrec

Cool, thanks for sharing your experience about data recovery from hard drives, dude. I also came to this forum to gain experience, but it's all hard for me to understand. I tried a couple of times to recover deleted data from my computer on my own, but I did not succeed. As it turns out, it's not that easy. I still have a lot to learn. So far, I have to turn to professionals who provide DATA RECOVERY SERVICES. For now, this is the only way to solve my problem. I will be very happy and grateful if you continue to share your experience. This is very interesting and useful.

Last edited:
I have met 2 strange cases

1 Dropped seagate , Ramp arms broken. There should be 6 arms. But 3 broken after drop.

20220429_175006.jpg

Second Samsung drive had opened before. I have used 2 donor firstly. both dead after around 2% imaged. And removed platter. and saw something sticked around platters outter bound. 2 platters . and bot platters has same things around outer of platter.
I could imaged 25% . 3th Head died. Users data around 60% and closed case.

20220505_195704.jpg

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like maybe that plastic thing is something the prior company used to remove and inspect the platters??? Never seen that before.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I was referring to the second picture with that plastic tab stuck to the platter. The busted parking ramp makes sense and I've seen cases like that before.