Rosewood disable heads?

Sam

It appears the PC3k has not implemented disabling heads in ROM for this family. Is this correct or is there a way to do it that I'm missing?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I think Ace is having to go back to the drawing board for this family. A lot of the normal things, even in terminal, like translator regeneration will completely screw up a Rosewood family drive. For now, we are all guessing at what to do with them if there's any sort of firmware issues.

Jared":1sp907xi said:
I think Ace is having to go back to the drawing board for this family. A lot of the normal things, even in terminal, like translator regeneration will completely screw up a Rosewood family drive. For now, we are all guessing at what to do with them if there's any sort of firmware issues.

Jared ,
I Have 8 of Them They Were Not Able To Solve even a Single Case ,I am Now Told They Have Solution For Some issues i Will Create New Tickets And Checkout ,They Work At Level C In This Drive i Have Seen One Video of My Student when they gave him tech support

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So they do operations like translator regen by switching to level C> ?

I have yet to get any of these in with firmware issues, so I haven't even tried Ace tech support.

Jared":wxth42ty said:
So they do operations like translator regen by switching to level C> ?

I have yet to get any of these in with firmware issues, so I haven't even tried Ace tech support.

Jared ,
Yes Boss They Do Few Things At Level C ,I am Myself To Take Tech Support On These Drives Again

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to see that video you recorded, would be very interesting... if you're willing to share

Jared":10ccx4zs said:
I'd love to see that video you recorded, would be very interesting... if you're willing to share

Well,
Its in Office And i Am At Home .BTW does Any Of You Have a List of Level C Commands in Rosewood Or Other F3 Family

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":25voflu1]
Jared":25voflu1 said:

Well,
Its in Office And i Am At Home .BTW does Any Of You Have a List of Level C Commands in Rosewood Or Other F3 Family

The only leve C> command I've ever used is C>Q which lists all the available commands.

Sam

Copied from return of C>Q command from Rosewood drive:

Level C 'B': Rev 0001.0001, Overlay, Display Channel Status List Data
Level C 'D': Rev 0003.0000, Overlay, Display Channel Memory, D[MemorySelect],[StartAddress],[NumberOfSymbols],[BufferSelect]
Level C 'E': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, Display Bonanza Memory Size, E
Level C 'G': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, Set Channel Status List Triggers,[mask]
Level C 'H': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, Set Channel Status List Thresholds,[action],[value]
Level C 'Q': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, Display ASCII Command Information, Q[CmdLevel],[Cmd]
Level C 'S': Rev 0000.0000, Overlay, Display Channel Status List Status
Level C 'T': Rev 0012.0000, Overlay, Goop Plot, T[Hd],[StartTrk],[EndTrk],[ECCLvl],[NoFrcSync],[SkipCnt]
Level C 'U': Rev 0003.0001, Overlay, Display / modify media cache
Level C 'a': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, InjectChannelADC, a

Sam":1zob7ejc said:
Copied from return of C>Q command from Rosewood drive:

Level C 'B': Rev 0001.0001, Overlay, Display Channel Status List Data
Level C 'D': Rev 0003.0000, Overlay, Display Channel Memory, D[MemorySelect],[StartAddress],[NumberOfSymbols],[BufferSelect]
Level C 'E': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, Display Bonanza Memory Size, E
Level C 'G': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, Set Channel Status List Triggers,[mask]
Level C 'H': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, Set Channel Status List Thresholds,[action],[value]
Level C 'Q': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, Display ASCII Command Information, Q[CmdLevel],[Cmd]
Level C 'S': Rev 0000.0000, Overlay, Display Channel Status List Status
Level C 'T': Rev 0012.0000, Overlay, Goop Plot, T[Hd],[StartTrk],[EndTrk],[ECCLvl],[NoFrcSync],[SkipCnt]
Level C 'U': Rev 0003.0001, Overlay, Display / modify media cache
Level C 'a': Rev 0001.0000, Overlay, InjectChannelADC, a

Well,
At This Level You Work With Media Cache in This Drive .Can You List Some U Setting Options .And BTW Does Any of you know the difference between ATA direct and Ata indirect option in system status