Recover Data in 3 Clicks with the New PC-3000 Easy Mode

lcoughey

But, this is not practical for the data recovery world, as they mentioned in the blog. It is only practical if you know that the drive is stable and healthy which is very rare these days.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps the long term goal of it is to come out with more of a RapidSpar type of system that automates a lot of the easy one click solutions. If that's the case I suspect we'll just end up with more and more amateurs buying PC-3000 and assuming it's a push button fix all solution.

Perhaps data recovery consulting will be a good future business for those who actually have real experience using these tools.

Blizzard

Jared":2khodrg1 said:
Perhaps data recovery consulting will be a good future business for those who actually have real experience using these tools.
Could be. Unless you intern or work at an established DR company first, having access to someone with experience could really accelerate the learning curve for a startup.

I wonder if DFL is the reason for Ace's new "Easy Mode"? DFL seems to target startups and could be competition for Ace. If someone buys a DFL product because it sounds easier to use, or because it sounds like it's the right tool for a new DR company then they take a sale from Ace. Even if the new DR company finds out later that they would be better served with PC-3000, how many will have the money to write off the investment in DFL products and purchase from Ace Labs?

I think it's a smart move for Ace Laboratory.

lcoughey

I don't think ACE is loosing many clients to cheaper alternatives. If anything, it is the frustrations of the cheaper tools that make them appreciate ACE all the more when they make the switch. When people test the data recovery waters with these cheaper tools, it saves them money if they change their minds, but also saves ACE a lot of time and money on providing support for new users, as they now have some knowledge and experience coming into their tools.

I know of several people who started with Salvation Data tools and used them, thinking that they had the same power as PC3K. But, after getting a PC3K system, they never went back to those tools and their only regret was not making the switch sooner.