Pictures of Sliders At High Magnification

LarrySabo

samick":2gn5mcza said:
[post]6303[/post] The link anyone reading this thread is going to want to check out for themselves is the one in Larry's post--he's the one with the hemorrhoid camera that he's using for data recovery :lol:
It comes in handy when looking for lost sliders. :lol:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
samick":3ajf894n said:
Clever, Larry, very clever.

Jared, you threw me for a loop--you quoted the link I put up for my microscope.

The link anyone reading this thread is going to want to check out for themselves is the one in Larry's post--he's the one with the hemorrhoid camera that he's using for data recovery :lol:

I have to wonder how adding "Multi-function Tube: gynaecology self-checking, haemorrhoids-checking" helps with sales...

You're right, I've corrected all the above posts to correctly reflect that it's Larry's Haemorrhoid microscope. :D

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those actually look like gold wires in the first picture. No wonder 6Gb was so expensive back then.

Jared":p6o713vu said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those actually look like gold wires in the first picture. No wonder 6Gb was so expensive back then.

Well,
My First experience was With a 5.25" RLL Type Seagate 10/20MB HDD :mrgreen:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a case I'm evaluating right now. I thought the filter looked a bit discolored. Now looking at the sliders I can see just how contaminated they are. Probably not a good candidate for donor heads. I suspect they'll just die in a few seconds.
Dirty Sliders.jpgDirty Sliders 3.jpg

LarrySabo

They look a lot like head 1 of the Samsung ST2000LM003 I'm working on...

2wdulap.jpg

Currently frustrated at trying to disable that head, as the others look fine. :(

300ddr

We have a big microscope, and a little USB microscope, but I find they can be pretty annoying to line up with the heads and focus in a reasonable amount of time. In a pinch, the "magnifier" mode on iPhone works pretty well (though, nowhere near as good as a real microscope). I may get a tripod and see if I can get better results. It's really good for looking at PCB chips. Settings --> General --> Accessibility --> Vision --> Magnifier (then triple click home button).

IMG_1222.jpg

This is looking into our little dental mirror to see "bottom" heads.
IMG_1224.jpg

I wonder if something like this https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Microscop ... microscope would make "Magnifier" perfect.

LarrySabo":2b7c65wf said:
BTW, has anyone had much success cleaning the platters and heads in cases like Jared's and mine?

Well,
Virtually Daily i clean heads Mr Larry ,Absolute Success With My Technique ,Plus when i have Platters under the top platter then to i apply my own Technique ,In the next year we will start manufacturing our tools for sale hopefully if all goes well financially