Need Partition Table Sample

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying to manually rebuild a lost core storage GPT partition table (computer tech accidentally deleted it). I've already determined the starting and ending sectors of the partition, but it seems no matter what I do I can't get MacOS to recognize this stupid thing as a core storage volume.

Does anyone have a sample partition they could upload of a 1Tb MacOS drive that's using core storage? I have a 500Gb one I'm currently trying to modify, but I can't seem to get the check sums right so a mac will recognize it and not blow up.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could upload the first couple sectors for me to analyze.

Thanks!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I think I figured out how to manually edit the partition table and fix the checksum so that MacOS will mount it. I've posted information about fixing the GPT checksums in the secrets section of this forum.

Jared":23q6qtkg said:
OK, I think I figured out how to manually edit the partition table and fix the checksum so that MacOS will mount it. I've posted information about fixing the GPT checksums in the secrets section of this forum.

:mrgreen:
Good another motivation to get access