Need help with a qnap TS-ec-879u-rp

nerd

The Raid should be a raid 5, the cust said one of the disk was damaged for a while and he messed up with the server when recently tried to replace the damaged disk with a new one. He clicked on extension and he reinizializzate(probably formatted) it rather than extend. I have a copy of all the disks with exception of the damaged one and the brand new.

I checked online and this raid should have a 64k stripe size with left sync conf. The discs should have been taken out in order from the customer but I analysed the hex and it doesn't look the order is right.. I did a test with reclaim raid constructor and it gives me this conf: block size 64k, left sync, 8 offset, and left sync. As for the order of the disks reclaim says: 5 4 1 2 3 8 6 and is recognised as raid 5 of 7 disks.

From the hex it looks like disk 5 should be the first, 6 and 8 should be it's xor pairing so the reclaim me conf is imo close to the real raid conf.

The problem is that most of the files comes out corrupted and atm don't have a file system but only raw. still around 2% but I have the feeling it's the wrong configuration.

Has any of you had this controller before? I found some conf in the hex which suggests the raid had disk 8 as spare one but an not sure if it's the old or the new(the one reinstalled by mistake from the technician) system.

I attack a zip with the pictures of some hex from the disks.

Do you have any suggestion or tricks for this controller? thanks