Looking for a good hyperterminal serial com program alternative

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking for some alternative programs to HyperTerminal, since it's no longer included with windows 10. I've used Putty and it's variant Kitty, but they are both lacking a key function. Neither one can download/upload a file over serial connection like HyperTerminal could. So while you can use it for things like translator regen on a Seagate, you can't use it to download/upload system files to the drive.

Anyone know a good program to use? Windows or Linux, I actually prefer if it's Linux.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So it looks like SecureCRT can do everything I want it to do and even a lot more. I just wrote a python script to plug into it that will automatically do all the pressing of ctrl + z to get T> prompt then instantly sends signals to put the drive to sleep afterward. It's faster at getting terminal access than PC-3000 is. :D

Jared":3284j61w said:
So it looks like SecureCRT can do everything I want it to do and even a lot more. I just wrote a python script to plug into it that will automatically do all the pressing of ctrl + z to get T> prompt then instantly sends signals to put the drive to sleep afterward. It's faster at getting terminal access than PC-3000 is. :D

Jared ,
Can You Post A Screenshot Of This Proggie .....