little question

how do you people mange prevent the viruses to attack your data recovery station?? , especially when finishing scan customer data using RTT and want to copy it to customer fresh hard drive?

pclab

I use a "disposable" PC with an Anti-virus. If it still get's infected, I just format it. No loss.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I don't even bother with the antivirus, too many interruptions to the work. I just have a few stations dedicated to logical recoveries that have no meaningful data on them. Only takes an hour or so to restore them and re-install my necessary programs when they get messed up. Though oddly, I've never had an issue with any crypt-o viruses despite dealing with quite a few. The actual executable that infects people is generally spread through email, and as we don't ever execute any programs from the customer drives it's never been an issue. Just copying data is pretty hard to get a virus onto your system, as it's not trying to execute anything.

Actually the only few virus incidents I've had here, weren't even on any of those stations. Was only on the front desk computer and just due to some freeware with a bit of embedded malware.