How to know if data recovery software steals data?

Bigboi1111

I made a blunder in a moment where I wasn’t thinking straight and used a piece of junk “data recovery” software called Tenorshare Ultdata that didn’t work at all and was a scam. All it did was present the photos that were available on my phone onto my computer in the app.

I wanted some insight on what these junk softwares actually do, do they steal data as well? I foolishly had my wifi and internet connection on so I have been terrified that my personal info, sensitive photos and other things are on someone else’s computer. What are the chances that these scam companies steal data?

How do I tell apart junk from good software? Some people will say diskdrill works great, others will say it’s horrible.

And was my data stolen? It’s been giving me crushing anxiety for a while now and I have no idea what to do.

Any insight would be appreciated

ChristianMorris

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Tenorshare Ultdata. It's understandable that you would be worried about the safety of your personal information and sensitive photos.

Unfortunately, there are many companies that offer data recovery software that doesn't work as advertised, or that may even be designed to steal data from users. In general, it can be difficult to tell the difference between good and bad software, as some companies may use false or misleading marketing claims to make their products seem more effective than they really are.

One way to avoid falling victim to a scam is to do your research before purchasing or downloading any software. Look for reviews and ratings from trusted sources, and consider seeking advice from friends or professionals who have experience with data recovery. It's also a good idea to be cautious when installing software from unfamiliar or untrustworthy sources, and to always make sure that your internet and WiFi connections are secure.

As for your specific situation, it's impossible for me to know whether your data has been stolen or compromised. If you're concerned about the safety of your personal information, you may want to consider taking some steps to protect yourself, such as changing any passwords that you may have used while the software was installed, and running a malware scan on your computer to check for any malicious software that may have been installed.

I hope this helps.