How Do I Arrange My New Lab ??

Hello Guys,

I have been thinking about this for almost three weeks, so I decided to throw it open to more experience DR Experts.

Am relocating to a bigger place, I really want to make it look professional and not just a 'Shop', in view of this, I will really really appreciate a picture of your own Lab/Office set-up, so as to guide me in the constructions.

I have about 26sqm.

I will really appreciate it.. Thank you guys.

jol

Bankole Oladoja":6zjmynk3 said:
I really want to make it look professional and not just a 'Shop', in view of this
why do you care how it looks like ?
I have about 26sqm.
with no offence, but if this one is a bigger place
Am relocating to a bigger place
what's the size of the current place

It's actually a two equal space of of 26sqm each, the inner part is where am looking at using as the lab while the outermost one for reception.

pclab

Forget about the look. It should be OK, but that's not the most important. You should have clients for your good jobs, and not just be the looks.

By the way, mine have 110sqm (lab is bout 45sqm) ehehehhe

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I think the two key factors are privacy and workflow. Here I have the work area blocked from view with cubicle walls, and I tell customers that for privacy reasons no one but employees are allowed in the back. Also it's good to have things arranged so that it's easy to know where your at with each project. I use different colored bins for each stage and move them to different racks to know exactly where it stands. E.G. yellow bin on one rack means a job needing a quote, moved to a different rack is awaiting approval. Blue bin is approved for recovery, green bin is awaiting pick up. Etc. Otherwise you'll quickly get confused and end up duplicating efforts once you have 20 projects going at once.