Help with WD10EZEX-00WN4A0

Dear friends and gurus,
Today i have received WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 . Drive is crushing sound continues.no spin down.After long search it gives only err led red blink.after that goes to utility auto detect no family shown.so manualy i select trailxlb than go to read rom but drive time out massege.I have tried only pcb even but same thing.So pls somebody help me to reach SA.my pc3k ver is6.0.16

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
datasolution":1gwsd8qq said:
Dear friends and gurus,
Today i have received WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 . Drive is crushing sound continues.no spin down.After long search it gives only err led red blink.after that goes to utility auto detect no family shown.so manualy i select trailxlb than go to read rom but drive time out massege.I have tried only pcb even but same thing.So pls somebody help me to reach SA.my pc3k ver is6.0.16

As this post was not related to WD families, I've split it off to be a new topic. In the future when you want to ask for help with a specific case, please start a new thread rather than asking on one of the sticky topics. Thanks!

As to your case, if it's clicking or "crushing", I'd start by inspecting inside to see what's going on. Are you sure you don't have mangled heads?

datasolution":17stpymu said:
Dear friends and gurus,

Hello,
Can you record the sound and post it in a link or something