Google +1 for SEO

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, even I tried fixing that link but it won't take. Seems phpBB won't accept the e with the diacritic as a valid character in a link. If you copy/paste the whole link it works.

LarrySabo

I deleted my Google+ accounts today (one personal, the other business) because they were crap and probably did me more harm than good. I'm just not into this social media thing and it's probably better to have no G+ account than a crappy one--especially one with a scraggly old man looking back at you. :roll: Business has been really slow for the past month or two and Google searches that yielded my link showed my G+ account in the sidebar with some old man prominently featured. Yeah, I could just leave the old man out of it, but I figured unless you are dedicated to building a great page and keeping it current, probably better to not do it at all.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I don't think that much of anyone is actually looking at G+. But links shared on there do carry pagerank and when they are +1'ed by someone else its shared on their page and passes pagerank from theirs too. Its basically just a quick back linking strategy which has proven quite effective and google supports it because it's their own social media site and they want to pump it up.