eBay & PayPal Both Gone Stupid After Splitting

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Is it just my imagination, or did both of these companies let go of all their intelligent technical staff when they split? It's like they split up their tech department in half, then put monkeys in to fill in the gaps on both fronts.

[glow=red]My RANT:[/glow]

Hey PayPal, guess what! every business on this planet is using Quickbooks. And your sole function is to handle money transactions for businesses. So why can't you come up with a way to export a proper Quickbooks import file??? Why when i buy something in Thai money does it download it as dollars instead of baht, or why can't it at least just download the converted amount in dollars? But no, we've got to go in and manually fix it each and every time we have any sort of foreign transaction.

Hey Ebay, do you realize that your thumbnails now fail to generate 20% of the time?
When I call they first say:
ebay "your images are too large", (yet I've got hundreds of other listings with much larger files).
Then they say, "try manually re-uploading the file", which afterward the thumbnail finally appears (thus disproving the "file too large" misconception).
But, when our automated wordpress lister plugin, (which we've used for years to add ebay listings), does it, it doesn't generate the thumbnail 30% of the time.
So now they say "perhaps it's your automated system not uploading the pictures", (yet if you open the listing the pictures are all there fine and dandy, dowloaded from ebay dot friggen com. So obviously it did upload it just fine)
me "so clearly the picture did upload if it's on the listing right?"
Ebay "well it must be a problem with your system generating the thumbnails",
me "my system doesn't generate the thumbnails, ebay.com does that right?",
ebay " yes that's true"
me "so how could it be my system, when my system doesn't even generate the thumbnails? it only uploads the picture which we've verified is definitely working"
ebay "i don't know"
me "so what are you going to do about this'
ebay "we'll put a complaint note it in our file for the web techs to look at sometime in the future"
me "but I'm paying money monthly for an ebay store that's not working"
ebay "so"
me "what are you going to do about that"
ebay "nothing"
me "screw this, I'm moving my store to Amazon"
[glow=red][fade]You're all morons![/fade][/glow]