DeepSpar USB Stabilizer,

nissimezra

Recover unstable USB drives with any Windows software.
View this email in your browser

We are happy to announce the release of the DeepSpar USB Stabilizer, which allows any Windows software to quickly and reliably work with unstable/degraded USB storage devices. It is a combination of software and a hardware device which connects between the PC and USB source drive. The source drive shows up in Windows as if it was connected directly, allowing any software to work with it, including PC-3000, R-Studio, DFL, UFS Explorer, MRT, FTK, etc.

USB Stabilizer provides seamless hardware instability handling, ensuring that intermittent drive issues do not cause software/Windows to freeze, crash, or drop the drive. Whenever the drive gets ‘stuck’ reading a bad area, it is automatically reinitialized by various resets, dramatically speeding up bad sector processing and slowing down the rate of further physical degradation. As a last resort, the drive can even be repowered without aborting the recovery process.

Click on the following image to watch the demo video:

Key features:

Works with any non-proprietary USB storage, including devices converted to USB through an adapter. With basic adapters it can be used with almost any type of storage device, including SATA drives and the newest AHCI/NVMe PCIe SSDs.
Ensures that Windows always maintains a stable connection to the source drive, even if it’s physically degraded and intermittently goes offline.
Customizable read timeout duration in milliseconds.
Read timeout enforced by software reset, hardware reset, controller reset, or drive repower.
Works with vendor specific commands, so third party tools like PC-3000, DFL, and MRT can build head maps and repair firmware issues through the USB Stabilizer. In some cases the added stability even allows USB firmware repair procedures to be successful when they would otherwise fail due to Windows dropping the drive in the middle of the repair.
Optionally stops Windows from mounting the drive’s file system or even reading the MBR, giving access to drives with a bad sector at LBA0.
Hardware write blocking.
Free firmware/software updates.
The price is only $1,390US + shipping, making this the least expensive and most flexible hardware read instability handling tool on the market. An absolute must-have for any data recovery company:

Recover the newest unstable USB drives which cannot be converted to SATA.
Save time on USB to SATA conversions by recovering drives which aren’t too damaged through native USB.
With adapters, recover unstable AHCI/NVMe PCIe SSDs which lock up in any software, including M.2 M-key and Apple blade-style SSDs.
with a SATA drive bay, recover unstable SATA drives – not as efficiently as with native SATA tools, but still sufficient for moderately unstable drives, effectively freeing up a SATA port on your professional native SATA tools.
Orders can be placed on our website here.

As always, if you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reply to this email. We would love to hear from you!

Best regards,

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I only wish my beta unit worked right with my system. For some reason it just causes Windows to hang when it's connected and I have to reboot to ge the system working again. Serge even checked it out remotely and can't seem to understand what's happening. Maybe it doesn't like my 16-core Ryzen processor or something.

lcoughey

I've been testing it with MRT and PC3000 and have found it to be very good. I have a SanDisk USB flash drive that detects and reads for a few seconds, then goes stupid until disconnected and re-connected to the system. So, in theory, one could sit by the system with ddrescue and spend a few weeks manually working with it to get the data recovered.

DDI4 USB - does not work at all

With PC3K DE, with DeepSpar Stabilizer, it goes stupid on errors too. Not sure what is going on there.
With MRT DE, am able to automate the process and get it imaged in about 12 hours

I really like this unit and think it will be great to have.

nissimezra

lcoughey":2d7ub0zr said:
I've been testing it with MRT and PC3000 and have found it to be very good. I have a SanDisk USB flash drive that detects and reads for a few seconds, then goes stupid until disconnected and re-connected to the system. So, in theory, one could sit by the system with ddrescue and spend a few weeks manually working with it to get the data recovered.

With PC3K DE, with DeepSpar Stabilizer, it goes stupid on errors too. Not sure what is going on there.
With MRT DE, am able to automate the process and get it imaged in about 12 hours

Well, PC3000 is not always the best after all.
Good to have one of each if you have enough work.

datahaze

LarrySabo":3pfvs9rt said:
Thanks David.

Thanks for the review Larry that was really thorough and well-done. There's so much smoke-and-mirrors in the DR world, nice to see folks talking openly about things :D.

slingshot

lcoughey":27rcynis said:

I saw your little vid on it with MRT using a tosh, it looks like a groovy little tool to have in the toolbox :cool: