DEBUGSTOP CRT RAISE

recently got a case [glow=red]WD500BPVT-75HZXT0[/glow]
It comes with toasted PCB, swapped it with patient ROM the drive spin up with beebing voice not normally clicking voice and this Error comes up
[highlight=red]Debug Stop Code......................... : DEBUGSTOP CRT RAISE[/highlight]

Untitled.jpg

at first suspect, Bad-corrupt Rom, But after checking platter surface apparently the platter was wobbling

the question here is how the hell could bad PCB produce platter Wobble :!: :!: :?: :?: :?:

thanks

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
abedalkareem":3j12yiac said:
[post]10273[/post] how the hell could bad PCB produce platter Wobble

I would suspect that it's really the opposite. Platter wobble probably leads to failed PCB as it was affecting the power draw going to the motor.

abedalkareem":24jqav8i said:
recently got a case [glow=red]WD500BPVT-75HZXT0[/glow]
It comes with toasted PCB, swapped it with patient ROM the drive spin up with beebing voice not normally clicking voice and this Error comes up
[highlight=red]Debug Stop Code......................... : DEBUGSTOP CRT RAISE[/highlight]

at first suspect, Bad-corrupt Rom, But after checking platter surface apparently the platter was wobbling

the question here is how the hell could bad PCB produce platter Wobble :!: :!: :?: :?: :?:

thanks

Hi,
Can you show us the wobbling platters ?.

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":287mhhd7][post]10295[/post] Hi,
Can you show us the wobbling platters ?.

sorry Amarbir the patient drive delivered to his owner, anyway I do not think it is possible to see the Wobbling by photographing by the normal camera because you can barely see it through the naked eye and laser light on the disk surface