Data Recovery Policy

Am curious, Can you guys share some of your policy in handling clients and data recovery in general ??
Am just trying to be on the safe side in handling clients' data to avoid getting into trouble someday..

LarrySabo

Aside from the stuff that relates primarily to computer repairs, the only thing that relate to data recovery, is the following:

Data Loss & Recovery
We make every effort to maintain the integrity of your computer files. However, we are not responsible for any loss of data that may occur, however caused. You acknowledge that our data recovery attempt may not succeed and may even hinder, preclude or increase the cost of data recovery by others.

The following in-take form is used by a DR business that posts regularly on another forum and may be helpful: http://prntscr.com/8ycjtr

Thanks Larry, that sounded more like it.
@pclab, I don't want to wait for problems before getting some of these standard policies right.

LarrySabo

Yeah, I had mine on my site too, but removed it (and the Prices page) when I de-cluttered up the site recently. Business has been absolutely dead lately (down 33% Y-T-D), and I thought perhaps it discourages some people from inquiring. No change in business since then, so I may put it/them back up.

pclab

I have all that on a paper fixed on my wall. If they don't read it, it's their problem heheheheh