Air spraycan, left a possible mark on the top platter.

Tamabralski

I attempted my second harddrive rescue. With a laminar flowhood. Everything went well. Unstuck the heads with the magnet removed and minimal force using the technique. It went smooth. Spindle turns freely and made a photo of the heads which seem fine on first view. Then I used a air pressure can. Which then left a mark on the top platter..

The can does not state which gas is used in the product. I have emailed the store which has it as there housebrand. ISY CL-3000 (by mediamarkt germany). But they do not answer. I read it is typical they do not give away whats inside air duster cans. When searching it seems it can be a variety of gasses. Even DME - Dimethyl ether. And this link suggests these cans do leak residu. I know air compressors can leak oil because of the manufacturing process of the hardware. But wasn't aware air cans can too. Is this true?

The mark is only visible in direct light and under an angle. It looks like it definitely was due to the can blowing air. I made pictures but they aren't good enough. I have to retake photos tomorrow and then post.

1. What is the top—layer of WD platters made of. The patient is WD Blue 3tb. Diablo family. From 2015.

I still do not know what kind of gas or if it is residu in this case at all. The mark did not disappear after 20 some minutes. But will recheck. Since I closed the lid to prevent further mistakes!

2. In the worst case. What can I use the remove this. Would 96% isopropyl work. They do not sell medical grade here. And then use distilled water after? I think I can get big sterile cotton swabs.
Is there a chemical engineer/harddisk repair expert that can give me advise?

3. How can I check if this drive needs platter alignment intact. In case I need to extract and clean all platters?

Any help would be really appreciated. I hope this forum is more lenient than some others.