2.5 seagate sas terminal

Dear sir,
I have received a sas 2.5 seagate 1 ibm system x fru 42d0633 10000 rpm .Model no: st9146803ss.146gb.drive spins normally so i tried seagate terminal adaptor.can anybody tell me at what baud rate it detects ? and our normal pc3k udma saegate terminal adaptor can work ? or is there any diff tx rx and gnd ?I dont have pc3k for sas and scsi.

pclab

I think those drives won't work or have terminal access using PC3k UDMA.
You need PC3K SAS.

pclab":31u824kv said:
I think those drives won't work or have terminal access using PC3k UDMA.
You need PC3K SAS.

Well,
My Dear Friend He is Just Wanting To Use " Terminal " Not His PC3K UDMA For This He Has Already Clarified This " Read His Post " .I think you Can Open PC3K UDMA Seagate F3 Common Utility And Work With Terminal .I am Sure Its 9600 or 38400 just like serial ATA Counterparts

Dear sir,
I have started utility in pc3k for seagate f3 and attach seprate power to my sata hdd and connect terminal of pc3k udma baud rate 38000 and its works.it means i need power to hdd from any source and terminal probe shows terminal process in window.even it accept commands too.so what i have done i have power on sas hdd thru sas controller and attach my terminal probe to sas hdd so it should work.I think its tx rx is diff than sata.so i need tx rx of sas hdd.modell i have already mention above.thanks for taking interest and giving reply to my post so early.

datasolution":2b5cvapp said:
Dear sir,
I have started utility in pc3k for seagate f3 and attach seprate power to my sata hdd and connect terminal of pc3k udma baud rate 38000 and its works.it means i need power to hdd from any source and terminal probe shows terminal process in window.even it accept commands too.so what i have done i have power on sas hdd thru sas controller and attach my terminal probe to sas hdd so it should work.I think its tx rx is diff than sata.so i need tx rx of sas hdd.modell i have already mention above.thanks for taking interest and giving reply to my post so early.

Brother ,
Very Sorry No Experience With these Drives And No Access To PC3K SCSI/SAS Tools

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
In my experience with SAS drives, it's most likely either bad heads or just complete platter destruction. I'd always start by opening the drive up in a clean room to see what the platters look like. You won't get the same clicking with SAS drives that you are used to with SATA drives. The platters may be destroyed already and you're just spinning your wheels.

Jared":3upj028q said:
In my experience with SAS drives, it's most likely either bad heads or just complete platter destruction. I'd always start by opening the drive up in a clean room to see what the platters look like. You won't get the same clicking with SAS drives that you are used to with SATA drives. The platters may be destroyed already and you're just spinning your wheels.

Jared ,
No Experience but This is Exactly what i have heard from other pro Dr Guys Also