Seagate UltraSlim (Rosewood)1TB and 2TB Technical Reviews

Hurray!! Successfully did HSA replacement of 2TB drive. Thank you Jared for your warning ! Did about 10 - 12 attempts of head replacement before actually touching donor head.
BhzxO4us.png

Blizzard

Freekingeeks":1ewwk0mx said:
Hurray!! Successfully did HSA replacement of 2TB drive. Thank you Jared for your warning ! Did about 10 - 12 attempts of head replacement before actually touching donor head.
That's interesting, for Rosewood I have had more 2TB head swap successes than 1TB. Probably a coincidence, but I guess time will tell.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Freekingeeks":1z51g6ng said:
BhzxO4us.png

So did you end up using the heads from the 2 platter model in the 1 platter version? Or did you get a different donor?

Jared":3vglugn0 said:
Freekingeeks":3vglugn0 said:
BhzxO4us.png

So did you end up using the heads from the 2 platter model in the 1 platter version? Or did you get a different donor?

I had 2 cases, that was 1TB drive for which I am still looking for suitable donor. I didn't attempt 1TB head replacement upon your doubt that it might not work.

Blizzard

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3b0ekxol]Well,
i freak out when i see that there is no screw on the head stack as only one screw keeps it erect and we blame the tools
I agree, I don't know how the heads survive. The very first thing I do after removing the cover is replace the head screw. Rosewood heads can't take a beating like some others.

Blizzard":25vh3vcv said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":25vh3vcv]Well,
i freak out when i see that there is no screw on the head stack as only one screw keeps it erect and we blame the tools
I agree, I don't know how the heads survive. The very first thing I do after removing the cover is replace the head screw. Rosewood heads can't take a beating like some others.

Well,
The Same Applies To LT Series Slim Seagates And Many Drive Which Have No Screw Support Down .Also i Would Love to hear some tips for removing head stuck issues with rosewoods

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've had near perfect success with head stuck cases on these so far. Granted, it hasn't been a ton of them, but those seem to be going smoothly.

Jared":289isf2b said:
I've had near perfect success with head stuck cases on these so far. Granted, it hasn't been a ton of them, but those seem to be going smoothly.

Jared ,
Please Share With Me The Procedure By PM Or Here .I have to few to handle

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I haven't done anything different than my usual method of carefully spinning the platter while gently guiding the heads back.

Maybe, I've just been lucky so far. Most I've seen that were head stuck had the heads pretty close to the ramp, so it took very little movement to get them back.