Jared
Forum Admin

Running a temporary Advertising Test

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Over the next 24-48 hours, you may start to notice some advertisements being posted on this forum. I'm running a trial for the next month or so to just test how much advertising revenue a forum like this could generate (given that data recovery keywords are expensive in Google).

I don't plan to keep the ads here, I'm just testing it out on a trial basis. As long as I'm in the data recovery business, I'm not looking to advertise for my competitors. I'm just thinking about what I plan to do when I eventually get out of this game.

Jared
Forum Admin

Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:33 am

Just to let you all know, the test is over and I've removed the ads. It's not worth the clutter on the forum for the little amount it actually earns. I just wanted to see about it for myself. Back to an advertisement free forum!!!

lcoughey
Forum Moderator

Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Jared wrote:Just to let you all know, the test is over and I've removed the ads. It's not worth the clutter on the forum for the little amount it actually earns. I just wanted to see about it for myself. Back to an advertisement free forum!!!

...time for a dozen spam posts from Stellar and Wondershare

Jared
Forum Admin

Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Yeah, they had their chance to buy legit ads on my forum. I would have enjoyed asking everyone to click those and rack up a bill for them. :D

Now they've got to go back to creating hundreds of fake accounts to attempt to link spam.

Return to “Data Recovery Forum Announcements”