Running a temporary Advertising Test

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Over the next 24-48 hours, you may start to notice some advertisements being posted on this forum. I'm running a trial for the next month or so to just test how much advertising revenue a forum like this could generate (given that data recovery keywords are expensive in Google).

I don't plan to keep the ads here, I'm just testing it out on a trial basis. As long as I'm in the data recovery business, I'm not looking to advertise for my competitors. I'm just thinking about what I plan to do when I eventually get out of this game.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Just to let you all know, the test is over and I've removed the ads. It's not worth the clutter on the forum for the little amount it actually earns. I just wanted to see about it for myself. Back to an advertisement free forum!!!

lcoughey

Jared":8tsui0hx said:
Just to let you all know, the test is over and I've removed the ads. It's not worth the clutter on the forum for the little amount it actually earns. I just wanted to see about it for myself. Back to an advertisement free forum!!!
...time for a dozen spam posts from Stellar and Wondershare

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, they had their chance to buy legit ads on my forum. I would have enjoyed asking everyone to click those and rack up a bill for them. :D

Now they've got to go back to creating hundreds of fake accounts to attempt to link spam.

datamind

Jared,
It is not bad to have some ads on this site. You spend time and resources to operate it.
You deserve it.
Dm

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
The little it was earning wasn't worth the annoyance. This forum creates content which leads to people finding my company who are researching data recovery. It serves its purpose that way. I was just curious how much ads are worth. $0.50/day is hardly worth annoying the users of this forum with ads. It'd be better to place my own ads for my services at the top, but I have too much work already.