LarrySabo
Data Recovery Master

JpegDigger

Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:26 am

I just used Disktuna's JpegDigger to extract JPG files from corrupted NEF files and it did a terrific job. It's freeware and did what several other programs I tried couldn't do. Files recovered from a drive image looked perfect in Nikon's View-NXi but when they were exported as JPG/TIFF or viewed using Finder on a Mac, the files were a mess. JpegDiger extracted perfect JPGs (thumbnails, medium- and high-resolution) from the NEFs.

An excellent program.

michael chiklis
Data Recovery Novice

JpegDigger

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 pm

I agree, i used it recently and did a very good job. :D

Joep
Data Recovery Noob

JpegDigger

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:26 am

Wow, cool, thanks! Unfortunately I hardly ever hear back from users of it actually works for them. Found this thread looking at my webstats

Joep

Jared
Forum Admin

JpegDigger

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:37 am

Joep wrote:Wow, cool, thanks! Unfortunately I hardly ever hear back from users of it actually works for them. Found this thread looking at my webstats

Joep

Welcome Joep. Nice to have some official representation of another data recovery program here.

LarrySabo
Data Recovery Master

JpegDigger

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:13 am

Joep wrote:Source of the post Wow, cool, thanks! Unfortunately I hardly ever hear back from users of it actually works for them. Found this thread looking at my webstats
Thank you, Joep! I also left a comment on your JpegDigger website page, suggesting an improvement.

Code: Select all

Thanks for such a terrific program! NEF files displayed in Nikon’s View-NXi on PC or Mac looked perfect but exported JPGs and TIFFs were a mess. JpegDigger extracted perfect JPGs!

The only suggestion I would offer, is to allow the program to convert just the selected NEF file, rather than all files in the directory, at a selected resolution, e.g., just the highest resolution rather than thumbnail, medium, and high resolution JPGs. By linking JpegDigger to Nikon’s View-NXi, that would allow one to browse images in View-NXi and export just desired NEF files as PGs at the desired resolution. Otherwise, it creates a lot of JPGs when only one is desired.

Joep
Data Recovery Noob

JpegDigger

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Hello folks,

Jared: thanks for the welcome!

Larry: Thank you Larry! As I am not familiar with View-NXi (I am not even a photographer myself) I have trouble following that work-flow thingy. However I think ignoring smaller resolution JPEGs should be possible, I'd have to look at the code for that. If I remember correctly I am already getting height*width in pixels but not doing anything with that info right now.

The fact that it does all NEFs in selected folder is a workflow thing in JpegDigger, and of course anything can be changed eventually, but it may involve more work.

michael chiklis
Data Recovery Novice

JpegDigger

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:07 am

PSD files are not supported by JpegDigger, will be possible to support those in future update?

Joep
Data Recovery Noob

JpegDigger

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Hello Michael,

Is it possible you send me 3 or 4 intact PSD files ([email protected])?

michael chiklis
Data Recovery Novice

JpegDigger

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:47 am

Hi Joep,
i just sent you 4 PSD files, read your email and let us know if you can update your software for supporting this type of files,
thank you.

Joep
Data Recovery Noob

JpegDigger

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:46 am

Hmm, those thumbs in PSD files are really only that. thumbs of post stamp format ..

Return to “Logical Data Recovery & Data Recovery Software”