ApexToolLab
Official Representative

HDDStockRoom.com - cloud service for donor drives inventory

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:48 am

datahaze wrote:
Jared wrote:Yeah, but another guy in Canada may still be willing to pay your $100 rather than wait and pray it gets there safely from India or China.

I don't think there's any option other than to let the owner of the drive set the price. I've got some drives that I've got 10 of, so I don't mind letting them go for cheap. Other drives, I've only got one and it's a rare set of heads, so I don't want to let it go for less than a few hundred dollars.

There's really no way a computer can understand that well enough to set pricing.

Agreed that people should be able to set their own prices. Though I think a suggested price function would be nice, for example, it could poll historical prices for that model or the average selling price from the eBay API. It could save sellers a lot of time.

Agreed on 100% that people should be able to set their own prices.

pclab
Forum Moderator

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:51 am

Already working with another account!

One thing for now: the scanning of bar codes is kind of strange. If we move a little the camera to another bar code, the app automatically picks up that bar code. It's not easy to handle.
Maybe putting a button to confirm the code bar could improve this instead of letting the app control it.
www.pclab.com.pt
facebook.com/PCLAB.Assistencia.Tecnica

lcoughey
Forum Moderator

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Anti-spam measures may be needed. Perhaps a physical person to authorize to new user accounts or, at the very least, reseller permissions

ApexToolLab
Official Representative

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:38 pm

lcoughey wrote:To keep this thread short, I'll just edit this post as more points come to my attention.

[*]Change error dialogs in app to English
[*]Add more fields for manual/scan codes, ie DCM, DOM, Country, Head Preamp, PCB #
[*]Add an SSL cert and get the site setup as https right away[/list]

Change error dialogs in app to English - will be fixed in the next week in new version
Add more fields for manual/scan codes, ie DCM, DOM, Country, Head Preamp, PCB # will be added a little bit later
Add an SSL cert and get the site setup as https right away - on the next week

Thank you!

ApexToolLab
Official Representative

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:57 pm

The new Android version is available https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... om.hddscan
Were fixed some bugs.
Also, we're making works on the site now can be some bugs within 24hours. It's absolutely safe for your DB. Sorry for the inconvenience.

lcoughey
Forum Moderator

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:06 pm

I've created a shared Google sheet where we can jointly share bugs / feature requests, making it easier for Andrey to quickly see them without having to read a dozen forum posts. I'll only add a handful of editors, those who will actively use and share feedback with Andrey, without whining and complaining.

ApexToolLab
Official Representative

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:29 pm

lcoughey wrote:I've created a shared Google sheet where we can jointly share bugs / feature requests, making it easier for Andrey to quickly see them without having to read a dozen forum posts. I'll only add a handful of editors, those who will actively use and share feedback with Andrey, without whining and complaining.

Thank you, Luke!

ApexToolLab
Official Representative

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:24 am

We added https:// to the site. Authorization in Apps will work again tomorrow in new versions.

Also, we added a global editing function

pclab
Forum Moderator

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:10 am

I like the feature of the download to Excel. Good Idea!
www.pclab.com.pt
facebook.com/PCLAB.Assistencia.Tecnica

lcoughey
Forum Moderator

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:46 pm

I just tested downloading, editing and uploading my inventory with some tweaks and it was stupid simple and fast.

Return to “ApexToolLab Tools”