Donor Hard Drive Search Engine

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I don't trust any drive that's been opened. Even if it was me that opened it and all I did was look inside in a clean room. I've actually had drives where that was all I did, and it soon started getting tons of bad sectors. Even just removing the cover screws seems to put them on the fritz.

LarrySabo

My comment was more about the re-usability of the HSA. If you do a head swap, recover the data, return the HSA to the donor and they check out okay, do you consider the HSA to be a waste product? I wasn't talking about re-using the donor for storage, just the HSA for another head swap.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, it's always worth a try for that. I haven't had much of any times where the heads were a match for a second job, but I know Luke has a few that he's used two or three times. Once I used a set of heads that I bought from him that had already been used once, and they worked fine for me a second time. I just meant that I wouldn't trust the drive for actual use.

adambarton

Someone asked me to buy an external solid state drive from this website, and recommended me to buy samsung T3 and i did so. But i wasted all my money.
But again i found this URL : 17oxen.com/best-external-solid-state-drives/ and i bought samsung T1 and that's better than everything.

I think this sounds more acurate:

Someone asked me to lie about buying an external solid state drive from this website, so I can get affiliate link ca$h, and told me to say he recommended me to buy samsung T3 and i did so. But i wasted all my time because people on forums are not stupid enough to believe it.

But again i found this URL : 17oxen.com/worst-external-solid-state-drives/spamming/idiot/ and i am pretending I bought samsung T1 and that's better than everything. Because, of , like... reasons...

adambarton":15dhcl4h said:
Someone asked me to buy an external solid state drive from this website, and recommended me to buy samsung T3 and i did so. But i wasted all my money.
But again i found this URL : 17oxen.com/best-external-solid-state-drives/ and i bought samsung T1 and that's better than everything.

I think this sounds more acurate:

Someone asked me to lie about buying an external solid state drive from this website, so I can get affiliate link ca$h, and told me to say he recommended me to buy samsung T3 and i did so. But i wasted all my time because people on forums are not stupid enough to believe it.

But again i found this URL : 17oxen.com/worst-external-solid-state-drives/spamming/idiot/ and i am pretending I bought samsung T1 and that's better than everything. Because, of , like... reasons...

Jared ,
Seems Like Spam

lcoughey

On the side of reusing heads, it is something we do as much as we can. We usually charge for donor heads, as it they cost us money to get in. However, we don't charge for the donor heads if they are a used set...sometimes we can recover 3 or 4 projects before the heads finally get damaged from a seriously damaged drive.

When a project is done, we return the donor heads back to the donor drive and test the to make sure that all heads are still reading.

lcoughey":1r7tp7uw said:
On the side of reusing heads, it is something we do as much as we can. We usually charge for donor heads, as it they cost us money to get in. However, we don't charge for the donor heads if they are a used set...sometimes we can recover 3 or 4 projects before the heads finally get damaged from a seriously damaged drive.

When a project is done, we return the donor heads back to the donor drive and test the to make sure that all heads are still reading.

Sir ,
i have a sherk LT 8 head stack done more then 5 recoveries with it and still strong