Jared
Forum Admin

Why No One Should Be Using Tom's Hardware

Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:31 pm

Threads like this is why Tom's Hardware should be shut down: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id- ... l#18806016

You disagree with one idiot moderator, who is flat out lying to someone then you get banned.

Perhaps we can all chime in and tell the mod what an idiot he is before I get banned. :D

HaQue
Forum Moderator

Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:30 pm

Its always.. blah, blah, blah.. Backblaze. I read the Backblaze study, now I am an expert in failure rates. It gets old, fast. I tell people that insist on using backblaze to make a decision to make sure they also buy the same hardware it was tested on to make sure they get the same results.

abedalkareem
Experienced DR Tech

Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:31 am

Suggestion

Why not allocate a statistics Page in this forum contains the names of the most manufacturers of hard drives, every member can enter in daily situations which it receives from the damaged disks and in the end the year summarizing statistics for this Forum for Most makes a defective

I know that the number will not be accurate because the marketing of a certain Brand of hard Drive may be more in the State than other , and you can use the statistics as reference for others Blogs and Ordinary users

Jared
Forum Admin

Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:07 am

Yeah, I've been trying to think of a good way to compile such information. The only way I can think of is to just take a years worth of data from each company and break down how many of each brand came in. Then compare that with the percent of market share that each manufacturer sells.

Return to “SEO, Marketing, & Web Design”