Western Digital “slow fix” via USB

jinarto

Maximum -- > Yes, but it does not work on SED locked drives (self encrypted drives that have module access locked out).
it depends on the USB to SATA bridge on the drive, and some do not support (SED not support)
------------------------------------------------------
It is mean for some another case, patient wd usb drive without SED, have hope work with this free tool call HDDSuperTool on Linux. (Work = clone).
Amazing for free tool.

My story about case need fix init slow -----> I have URE , not all case the URE work for case to do fix init slow. (not all case).
If the case cannot solve on URE then i need to change usb pcb to sata pcb then solve this case on PC-3000.
So a pay tool have case cannot solve all case too. (I dont know i cannot use my URE. or wrong on URE Ver). But as far i know. URE cannot solve all case on fix init slow too. If i do this mistake please somebody tell me.

LarrySabo

@jinarto, what version of DFL-DDP utility are you using? Does it have Slow Init. Fix (1) and (2)? Have you tried both?

jinarto

@LarrySabo. : I still use Ver 1.8.0.1. Yes there are have two choice Init Slowly Fix (!) and (2) . Not all case can solve use two both.
If the case cannot solve use these two both option then i use convert usb to sata pcb.
I HOPE i do wrong way on URE . i mean i hope ure can solve init slow fix without need to convert pcb.
i hope someone tell me here.

LarrySabo

Okay, thanks @jinarto. I sold my URE so can't help you with that. sorry. You will have to transfer the ROM to a compatible SATA PCB to make the slow init. fix, and then continue with URE to recover the data. Not such a difficult thing to do, although it does add a little extra time to the job.