We need good samaritan!?

emir_has

Hello guys

Acelab published recently blog about unlocking PCB for WD model 800066-SATA PCB. So as they described we need open and reconstructed ROM from some WD 1TB SPZX drive using unlocked PCB. After that we need to reprogram locked U12 ROM chip on our locked PCB (in external IC programmer) and our locked PCB will be unlocked.
So, because unlocked PCB cost a ton of money I am asking for good samaritan who has unlocked PCB and can reconstruct ROM from SPZX drive to share that ROM so we who have external programmer could reprogram U12 ROM chip and reconstruct again our ROM version?
If I had understand it correctly this is possible? Please can someone can confirm this, so that we don't need to buy expensive unlocked PCB?

SHARE ! SHARE ! SHARE! :D

Thanks

-BR-

Hi Jared.
I have WD 800066 and 800065 unlocked PCBs and external rom reader.
What do you need tto be shared? ROM image?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It seems that Ace is saying that for Palmer family you can just write an unlocked ROM code from another unlocked PCB to any other Palmer PCB and it'll become unlocked. Then you just need to do the build ROM from SA process.

hdd00

Hi
Anyone had successful generate a Rom using this method? I've tried on 3 drives but it does not end with a good Rom image. Anyone care to share a Rom obtained by this method?

Thanks