WD2502ABYS-23B7A0

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've got nothing for that one, despite having about a hundred collected resources from Pinnacle family.

sorry sir for late reply but drive still in my lab.May i have pcb no of that drive.My problem is drive has model no wd2500avcs-63ZDY1 AND PCB NO 1640 ACCORDING TO LABLE ON THE DRIVE.but from id mod02 it shows "WDC WD2502ABYS-23B7A0 39M4511 42C0463IBM".Drives original pcb no is 2060-701537-004 rev b.and F/W detail is
ROM version............................. : 05.AQC
ROM F/W version......................... : 000500AQ
Overlay F/W version..................... : 05.A2C
Servo F/W version....................... : 04.AM
according to mod 11 fw overlay shows 000500b4 even other mod has same thing like mod 1c.
Main thing i have remove hdd from clients PC.So rare chances of pcb swap.Now i am unable to under stand is this original pcb or someone change something.May i use mod 11 and do i write rom from another donor michale chiklis ?
Thanks for fast reply.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
That same PCB number can work for either drive. But, it's very odd that module 02 would be showing a different model number. Are you sure the client wasn't trying some DIY recovery and really screwed something up?

THANKS FOR REPLY SIR.
Dear sir,
Client comes with whole pc and i have unscrewed the hdd.That time it is hard to remove it from caddy.But as per my thinking its freshh.pcb he used is also found in pinnacle family.2060-701537-004 rev b without rom.I think its refurbished hdd it was sold on 3-2016 with 1 year waranty so refurb company has labled it new.Do i write rom and mod11 from michale sent loader ?Head test passed and both mod copy are there after sa area change.So i think mod 01 or its position is at problem sector ? if somebody can check thru TV ? Actually i cant take decision for replace head or what ?
thanks again jared and michale.