WD10TMVW-11ZSMS0

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I just checked one of these models, and it definitely has a ROM image. Have you tried just doing LDR upload to see if you can read modules?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
This should be a pretty easy operation. Just throw any old 2060-771692 PCB on there, copy any ROM from the same model (-11ZSMS0), upload the LDR from that same resources you got the ROM from, and that should get you SA access. Then it's a simple ROM rebuild procedure. You might even be able to get away with using a ROM and LDR from a -11ZSMS1 or -11ZSMS2 for that matter.

Assuming the PCB really was the issue, and you aren't also dealing with bad heads.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
There's plenty of resources for those and similar models on my firmware server.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I think I had a few that hadn't been synced from my workstation back to the server. Snycing the folders now, so you might want to check again in a bit.

jol

just tried to swap 4 PCB's (raid) between each other 3 of them are manufactured the same day and DCM "was not" a full match and worked without transferring the ROM
the fourth have a full match with one of the 3 (above) of all the spec's including "full" DCM "but different date of manufacture" end "doesn't" work without transferring the ROM

interesting, maybe the key is the date of manufacture :roll: