WD USB to SATA Conversion Compatible PCB Guide

Hi,
Drives With Following MDL No Have Started To Surface in India " WD20SMZW-11YFCS0" ,PCB No is 2060-800067-001 Rev P1 " . Any Idea of family and SATA PCB ,These Are Now Looking Like Rosewood And Are Into 2TB WDC USB 3.0 Enclosures

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
If I had to guess, I'd say it's the 2060-800065 board found on WD20SPZX models. As to the family, well, it's quite likely a new one. Maybe it's Palmer, I'm not sure. Either way, I'm sure that there's no utility for it yet.

vijayan

USB 800041 TO SATA 800022-002 (for 4Tb) Conversion Completed now Hdd Id display but head map not working

and sa also not copy pc3000 new 6.5 ves

Model : WDC WD40NMZW-11GX6S1
Serial : WD-WX21D57FAVR4
Firmware : 01.01A01
Capacity : 4 TB (7 813 971 625)

ROM:
Read ROM................................ : HDDs ROM reading error Data request error Device Error Detected: "SED DRIVE LOCKED"

Service area:
SA dir reading (ID)..................... : SED DRIVE LOCKED
SA dir reading (ABA/CHS)................ : Dir reading error ABA 0(1) reading error Device Error Detected: "SED DRIVE LOCKED"
SA Access............................... : Copy 0,Copy 1

Configuration reading................... : Module ID 02 reading error Data request error Device Error Detected: "SED DRIVE LOCKED"

Reading modules
Into folder............................. : <HDD Profile>\Data\Modules\
Block module 30 access
HDDs ROM reading error Data request error Device Error Detected: "SED DRIVE LOCKED"
Read ROM
Into file............................... : <HDD Profile>\Data\ROM\ROM.bin
HDDs ROM reading error Data request error Device Error Detected: "SED DRIVE LOCKED"
HDD Identification reading ............. : Ok

Module ID 0B reading error Data request error Device Error Detected: "SED DRIVE LOCKED"

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I think you can still block SA access by shifting SA region and get in there to do the slow responding fix. I managed to do it one time entirely through terminal on a USB Spyglass before we knew which SATA PCB to use. It can be done.

1. Block module 02 through ROM
2. Reinstall PCB and start utility
3. Load loader (module 11 only is necessary)
4. Back up resources; fix slowness; etc.
5. Unblock module 02.

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":ktp57jll][post]10925[/post] Hi,
Drives With Following MDL No Have Started To Surface in India " WD20SMZW-11YFCS0" ,PCB No is 2060-800067-001 Rev P1 " . Any Idea of family and SATA PCB ,These Are Now Looking Like Rosewood And Are Into 2TB WDC USB 3.0 Enclosures
These are more complicated than Rosewood..
They are Plamer, which uses second Translator.
Data written to sector 500,501,502 looks like has written, but actual data is written to 0,1,2 to be in linear order. Works like Flash and SSD.
ROM is Locked. SA is Locked.
Some guys claim to have solutions, it cost a left Leg :eek:

jinarto

hi Jared,

please help.
about my patient with usb pcb id : 800069
then which SATA pcb id i need to buy.
800069 - 800066 or possibly 800052 (??? unconfirmed ???)

patient usb wd spin good. no clicking sound. i plug to URE then make clone all page yellow with sequence black dot run so fast. (i think encrypt)
If plug on USB- PC then open utility PC-3000 it cannot open start utility. I dont know if i convert to SATA PCB then plug on PC-3000 support this patient drive ?

Best Regards,
Jinarto

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
800066 is the one that's confirmed to work to replace 8000069, so I'd shoot for that. The other one I'm not sure about and haven't tried it, but it does have the same main IC.

You'll need to read the ROM code via boot ROM code and then program that to the SATA board to make it compatible. Data Extractor should be able to decrypt the data on the fly as you image it. You've just got to set up the decryption.